Owning a home can be a great responsibility. Your gutters, are one element of your home that can cost you a pretty penny if it’s not well maintained. Gutters that aren’t cared for can become cracked or broken and will leave you with quite a significant problem on your hands. Gutters that aren’t working can cause water to go to places in your home where you really wouldn’t want water to be. It’s important to understand your gutters if you own a home. Here are a few signs that its time to replace your gutters:
Here are 4 clear signs that you need new gutters.
- Do your gutters sag or having pooling water areas? These are signs of a blockage that is causing your gutter strain and over a period has caused long-term damage to your gutter system.
- Do you see water marks beneath your gutters? Walk outside along the length of your gutters and take a look at them. Do you see water marks? If you do, this is a sure sign that you have a leak and water is escaping out of your gutter towards unwanted places that could potentially cause damage to other parts of your home.
- Peeling paint or obvious signs of rust is a big sign that your gutters have reached their final days. Think about it. If you can see signs of rust that is an indicator that water is sitting in the wrong places causing the rust to form.
- Obvious cracks. If you can see cracking or splitting of any kind you need to invest in a new gutter system, soon. Those cracks and splits will lead to water getting into places you don’t want it to go.
- Pooling water. If you notice pools of water or even mildew near your foundation that is a pretty good sign that your gutters are not doing their job of redirecting water far away from your home.
So, if you notice any of these signs it’s time to call your local gutter guys and GutterScience is there to help. We are specialists in all types of gutters with our preferred seamless aluminium gutters that limit these issues due to increased durability, even in the harshest of weather conditions. Our team is ready to assist you with a repair or replacement of your gutters, no problem. Just call us or email us and we will be there to inspect your gutters in a jiffy.